Qualifications for Application
Our partners expect us to refer students who have demonstrated the skills and talents in their STEM fields. To accomplish this, our best applicants meet the following criteria:
Enrollment as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student for the academic term before and after the desired internship.
- Must have a disability – apparent or non-apparent.
- Must have a grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better.
- Must be a U.S. citizenship (will be verified by the employer)
To initiate an application, interested students should complete our online application.
Following a preliminary screening review, eligible students will be asked to submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Letter of introduction including field(s) of interest
- Current resume
- A university transcript showing courses taken and most recent GPA
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member who knows your work
Applications will be accepted for review beginning the first week of September. Portfolio referral to our partners begins in October. Very few applications received after January 15th will be considered by our partners.
Applications materials can also be sent via U.S. mail to:
Project on Science, Technology, and Disability
1200 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005-3920
Questions about the application process should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org