Qualifications for Application
Our partners expect us to refer students who have demonstrated the skills and talents in their STEM fields. To accomplish this, we require that our applicants meet the following criteria:
Full-time undergraduate or graduate student who expects to be enrolled in the academic term following the internship.
- Must have a disability – apparent or non-apparent
- B (3.0) average or better grade point average
- U.S. citizenship or right-to-work in US permit
To initiate an application, interested students should complete our online application.
Following a preliminary screening review, eligible students will be asked to submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Letter of introduction including field(s) of interest
- Current resume
- A university transcript showing courses taken and most recent GPA
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member who knows your work
Applications will be accepted for review beginning the first week of September. Portfolio referral to our partners begins in November and runs through mid-April. Early applications get more referrals.
Applications materials can also be sent via U.S. mail to:
Project on Science, Technology, and Disability
1200 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005-3920
Questions about the application process should be sent to: email@example.com